Thursday, June 15, 2006

About This Blog

I had always been a lover of a good story. For a long time, writing had been one of the ways that I have occupied myself during my futile bout with insomnia. I have been writing fan fiction for almost 5 years now and, although I don't post as much as I used to, I still type out a chapter or two whenever the muse moves me.

However, for the past several months I have had this story turning away in the back of my head. I have spent several sleepless nights lying in bed thinking about character development, plot twists, and dialogue. Sure enough though, whenever I sit down at my computer or try to write it down with a pad and pen, I get writer's block. I found it strange that I had every aspect of this story mapped out in my head, but I couldn't figure out how to tell the story. Writing fan fiction had always been easy for me, but in fan fiction, the characters and back story was already established for me. An original story was a totally different animal.

In hopes of finding some inspiration, I watched one of my favorite movies, "Finding Forester". I came to the part where Forester tells Jamal that sometime the rythem or writing is all that you need to take you from one chapter to the next. It was then that I decided to just force myself to write. I didn't care if it was chronologically the way that I wanted it, I just have to start writing, and hopefully, the story will just come out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home